Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Recap

The weekend didn't go as I had originally planned. Right after I posted on Saturday about how we had no plans and were going to stay home all weekend, we hopped in the car and went to Greenville for the day, lol. Greenville is the home of Eastern Carolina University. While we were there, we took a little tour of the campus. Greenville's a nice enough town that I wouldn't mind moving there. Too bad it's too far from C's work though. Ugh. And the houses are CHEAP! We grabbed a "take one" from a house right around the campus area and the same house here in New Bern would go for about 50 or 60 thousand more. That's annoying.

As a result of exploring Greenville, I had to play mad catch up to get all my work done yesterday. And remember way back when when I said that I was most looking forward to my mythology class? Well, it's turning out to be my least favorite class. I kept waiting for it to pick up and become interesting, but we're heading into week 5 and no such luck. I'm disappointed.

Sunday, the girls had an interesting morning. It seems that M whacked S over the head with a purse containing something that she won't admit to but was heavy enough that it left a nice sized bump on S's head. This resulted in M being grounded to her room the whole day. Talk about peace and quiet, lmao. They're normally not violent kids and this was a first. I also consider it be the first real punishment either one of the girls has gotten. Let's face it. Time outs are for amateurs. And it was effective. We let M out for dinner and I asked her if she was having fun being grounded. She answered with a resounding, "NO!!!". Bailey was short with Hannah all day yesterday too. Maybe it was just something in the air or a full moon or something.

So, that was the weekend. C should be home from work shortly because he's taking leave this week. We have things scheduled for everyday except tomorrow. I also have 3 papers due. It should prove to be an interesting week.

2 comments:

  1. I took a Mythology and Fairytales class awhile ago (Summer of 2004) and I just loved. Sorry to hear your mythology class is sucking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you took that class. I'm still holding out that my class will pick up some.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.