Monday, June 25, 2007

Grandma's Boy

C and I had both heard from our respective friends how hilarious this movie is and that it's a "must see" so we decided to watch it this weekend on HBO or Cinemax or whatever channel it was on. We really need to stop watching movies based on the recommendations of others. I'm not saying that everyone else's taste in movies suck (okay, maybe just a little bit) but it's more that C and I don't have the same taste in movies as other people. Or maybe it's just that we don't get high and you have to be high to enjoy these movies (somebody actually told me this). Napoleon Dynamite is another example of a movie we watched because we were told we have to see it. And that one movie with naked Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson, um yeah. Bad movie recommended to us by a mutual friend. C just Googled it: About Schmidt. Powder is where it all started and then after we watched it and hated it, the people that recommended it to us denied ever having watched it!! 40 Year Old Virgin. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB! I know there are others that I can't think of right now but I'm sure I could compile quite a list. A big thing to take note of is that the majority of these were recommended by other Marines. Yup. The more cussing, nudity, and drug use that a movie contains, the funnier it is according to Marines. And that's not to say that I find cussing, nudity, and drug use offensive, I just don't think that it makes a movie funny or good. And I happen to like what C and I term as "Funny dumb" movies. Examples...

Evolution
Road Trip
American Pie (The original one. The rest were just dumb.)
Dude, Where's My Car?
Idle Hands

Just to name a few. Oh well. At least we didn't pay to see Grandma's Boy. We watched it on a channel we already subscribe to. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.