Thursday, June 14, 2007

Reality

Sometimes it sucks, right?

There's this concert that I want to go to next month. We could afford it, it's not that far away, and I could probably, maybe swing finding someone to watch the kids. Does this mean I'll get to go? Most likely, no. That's reality.

People like to say that the huge, black, nasty bugs that run around all over down here are just water bugs. The reality: They're roaches. Stop kidding yourselves. You can call them water bugs to make yourself feel better about having bugs the size of small dogs running around, but they're just regular, run of the mill, American Roaches.

I'm participating in an "Ask the Student" session for my school this week for new students. Their favorite question to ask is how many classes can I handle as a single parent with 6 kids and a full time job or a variation thereof. We try to answer it by saying usually it's best to start out with 1 or 2 classes. The reality: Everybody's different and you we can't really answer that question effectively. There are too many variables.

There's more, but I, as always, have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.