Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Day of Ups and Downs

Yesterday was a roller coaster ride. When I got up, I had every intention of getting caught up on my school work (I'm seriously behind on my reading for my business class). With my day yesterday, I got less than half a chapter read, lol.

First, the heating and cooling guy FINALLY showed up to do an estimate on replacing the heat pump. Supposedly, he'll be back next week to replace the unit and install new duct work. I'll believe it when I see it.

Then, my phone rings and I get some pretty amazing news. About 7 years ago, C and I got our first cell phones with Cingular (now AT&T Wireless). We decided to cancel the phones for whatever reason. After the deed was done, we got a huge bill in the mail for the early cancellation fees. Well, back then, they didn't disclose that information and we had no idea that we were going to have to pay that. Turns out, hundreds of other customers weren't informed either which resulted in a class action lawsuit being filed against Cingular. The amazing news? We're getting our settlement checks in the mail!! I was shocked to the core. I never in a million years thought that we'd ever actually get any money. We've never been involved in a class action lawsuit before either. 1st time's a charm I guess, heheheh. This whole thing is the reason why I won't be switching to AT&T to get an iPhone which I dearly would love to have. Grr!!

Next, my phone rings again and it's my new friend informing me that her husband didn't get his promotion to Gunny yesterday. Another one of our friends didn't get it either. I was soooo disappointed for them both. It was big bummer news. Especially when C was going over the list and a totally dirtbag, nasty, buttheaded Marine he knows got promoted. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes though.

Later on that night (my phone pretty much rang off the hook yesterday), I get another call from my new friend. In her distracted frame of mind, she locked herself out of her house. Luckily for me, she gave me permission to laugh my ass off before she told me, which I did. She only had to sit outside for about 1/2 an hour before spare keys arrived.

Oh, and C made it to the commissary yesterday and arrived home with groceries, lmao.

And now, I'm sitting here waiting for Repair Guy to get here to fix my bathrooms. He said he'd be here between 9 and 10 so he still has time to be on time. Stuff is FINALLY getting done around here. I feel like there's something else that happened yesterday that I wanted to blog about but I can't think of it. It was a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.