Monday, April 28, 2008

The Haze of Today

I have this total feeling of otherworldliness today. The kids had the day off of school for some obscure teacher work day thing and we spent the whole day in a haze-brain induced day of video game playing. Did that sentence even make sense? All I can see is Yoshi racing around all the historic Nintendo tracks from SNES to the new tracks of Wii. Occasionally, the Trisha and Mister that I created in the world of the Sims 2 will break in to mix things up a bit but it's mostly Mario Kart. And you know what? I don't even feel bad about it. Usually I limit our game playing so as not to fry precious brain cells and so that the Mister and I don't get any fatter and the kids don't get fat, but it RAINED all day today. Rain, rain, rain, rain. But I'm not complaining. It's hard to notice when you're going 100 mph around the Mario Circuit. Yeah, I took time out to clean the kitchen and to order the kids to pick up the hallway and the family room. Oh. And the Mister and I picked up some take out Chinese for dinner, heheh. We even corrupted one of the neighborhood kids who spent the entire day at our house going from the oldest child's room to play The Sims and then out to the family room to race on Mario Kart. Turns out we're the first ones on our street to get Mario Kart for the Wii. Heheh, suckers. I even squeezed some time in on my current read. It's been a big ol' day of NOTHING! Be jealous. How often can anyone say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.