Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Whine-fest Wednesday

I'm making up my own meme and declaring Wednesdays as whine days because you know what? I'm sick to f'in death of this RAIN!!!! It has rained here for at least five days straight and it's seriously starting to depress me. I tried really hard not to complain because we needed the rain but dayum. Enough is enough already. I just got back from lunch with the Mister and it was nice and sunny in Havelock, which is where his base is, and it's only 30 minutes from my house where it is currently RAINING!!! It's also only 69 degrees here where it was 74 there.

And you know what else? I was going about 65 in a 55 mph zone and still getting passed like it was cool. I don't understand that since the Mister has gotten three speeding tickets in a matter of months on the same road and that's about how fast he was going when he got pulled over. How do these people get away with it but he doesn't? Before we moved here, he hadn't had a speeding ticket since 1996 or'97.

And you know what else? Nah. That's all I've got but I feel much better now. It's raining and the sun is shining all at the same time now. That's not so bad. I gotta get off of here and get ready for my Spanish oral quiz. I hate those things. They make me so nervous but I always get A's so that's not so bad either.

Laters. Oh. And feel free to join in on Whine-fest Wednesday if you need to vent.

5 comments:

  1. Here is some whining for you... I am sick. My throat hurts, I am losing my voice, my nose is stuffed, and all the rest of me feels as if I have recently been run over by a semi. And you know what makes it worse? I AM AT WORK! I know, I have heard of sick days, but in my job, that isn't an option this week. I have work to do and no one else can do it and I have to suck it up and work despite the fact that I may be dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whine-fest Wednesdays. Love it!

    I hope you get some sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You feeling any better yet? I suppose being sick explains why you've been less than "there" online lately. ;)

    Pam~~You were actually on my mind when I posted this because you said there were things that you wanted to complain about too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had read this post yesterday, I probably would have been more in the mood to whine, but right now I'm too excited about the book festival. :-)

    I do wish I could take some of that rain from you. It's supposed to be in the high 90's here today. It'll probably be cooler in L.A., and so I won't have to deal with the heat, but still . . . This part of the country can always use more rain.

    I will probably want to whine while on the road to the festival--L.A. drivers are among the worst. :-( I wish I could skip that part of the trip.

    Oh, and here's a little whine, now that I'm thinking about it: are the word verification word jumbles getting harder to read or is just me? It's a good idea for avoiding spam (I use it too), but when I can't make out the letters it becomes annoying.

    Have a great weekend, Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LF~~I can't blame you a bit about being excited about the festival. I def would be too.

    The rain stopped for a couple days but it's supposed to start up again tonight. I would gladly send some your way if I could.

    And yes, the jumbles are getting harder to see. I thought it was just me. The one I'm looking at now looks like symbols from some obscure language. And I had to try twice, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.