Friday, April 11, 2008

Trends

Surprisingly, it warmed up quite nicely yesterday. Today, it was in the 80's before noon. What's to come? Highs in the 50's on Monday. In April. In North Carolina. I think it's more trendy to tout the dangers of global warming than there is actual fact to back it up. That's not to say that I don't believe that we should all be conserving energy, recycling, blah, blah, blah. We religiously recycle, the appliances that we've bought with our own money are energy efficient, and we no longer drive huge gas hogs. I think cutting down 1000 year old trees should be a capital offense. Most importantly, I believe that the warming trends that those in the know are reporting are part of the natural cycle of our planet. Are humans not indigenous to this planet?

It also seems to be trendy to start your criminal career at 9 years of age or younger. What is with all the news stories reporting crimes involving CHILDREN?? There was the one with the third graders plotting the death of their teacher. Another one about a thirteen year old girl running a prostitution ring (I think that one was here in N.C.). There were two on the news last night; one about girls luring another girl to a party so they could take turns beating the crap out of her and another about a teen beating the crap out of her art teacher while the other kids looked on and cheered and recorded it on their cell phone. Then there was one about a fifth grader who was caught with so much pot at school that he was charged with possession and intent to distribute (I think that one was here in N.C. too). In addition to the kids being punished, the parents should be put in stocks in the middle of town for the other parents to leer at. These delinquents are our future leaders. Even if you don't have kids, this trend should concern you.

Bad tv being inundated with bad reality programming is another trend but I've posted about that one before. I've also posted before about my thoughts on global warming and how parents need to be beat with a stick these days. Guess I'm trendy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.