Thursday, April 10, 2008

That Wasn't All

I was irritated enough to leave posting today with two sentences, but I thought, what the hell and here I am again. I should have recognized my posting problem for what it was: a bad omen. I'm not having such a great morning. The Mister has been sending me funny video e-mail forwards to cheer me up. I'd post them, but they are...inappropriate, heheh. They're forwards from Marines. What do you expect? I'm also nursing my morning with a caramel frap from Starbucks. Too bad it's not Irish.

I posted a while back about getting what you pay for. I searched for the post so that I could reference it but couldn't find it. Anyway, we bought a set of salt and pepper grinders that were really nifty looking. We actually spent an embarrassing amount of money on them and you know what...they SUCK. This is an item that I guess you don't get what you pay for. We went out and bought the McCormick disposable salt and pepper grinders and they work great and just for a few bucks a piece. No, they're not the nice stainless steel set but they freaking work and that's what matters. I still believe that the saying applies to more things than it doesn't though.

I have a new favorite song of the moment. It's by Cory Lee and it's called The Naughty Song. It's such a fun song. I'm also still listening to Kate Nash quite a bit. I like Foundations, Mouthwash, Pumpkin Soup, Skeleton Song, Nicest Thing, and Merry Happy off of her Foundations CD. That's not a bad amount of songs to like off of one CD. Not including the remixes, that's half the songs. Normally, I only like one or two off of a whole CD.

You know that James Lipton questionnaire thing? One of the questions is what is a sound or noise that you hate. I have the perfect answer: The sound of a dog licking its butt. Holy cow! That's annoying.

I have no plan for the rest of the day. Homework, of course. I'd like to get some things done outside but it's chilly and overcast. Supposedly it's going to get into the 70's and clear up, but we haven't seen the sun in so long that I'll believe it when I see it. I think I'm done rambling about nothing now. Hopefully BTT next week will be something that doesn't annoy me and you'll be spared my rambling for at least one day. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've not completed a BTT in some time. I think I just got a bit bored with it. It seemed like some of the questions were so similar for a couple weeks there. I mean, I realize it's about books but one week the question would be about female characters and the next would be the same question but with male..or something like that.
    It's suppose to be 80 here today but get this...they are calling for snow flurries on Monday! How messed up is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I'm not religious about doing them or anything. Mostly, I use them as a break to trying to figure out a decent post for that one day a week. I have a post that I'm planning that could be a BTT topic.

    80's then snow?!?!?! That sounds like Vermont. It's not that bad here but it's supposed to be in the upper 70's, low 80's the next couple days then not even get out of the 50's. Where's this global warming deal I keep hearing about??

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.