Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Explosive Dinner

I had an unusually busy day yesterday. We started out by taking M to a friend's house and then the rest of us hit the commissary. No drama there. It was a typical trip to buy groceries. We decided to have teriyaki chicken for dinner though and had to stop at the Harris Teeter's for some additional ingredients that the commissary didn't have.

Blah, blah, blah, the rest of the day happened.

Then it came time to make dinner. A lot of time, effort, money, and chopping went into last night's dinner. And it made A LOT. Everything was done and I had just taken the lid off of the rice to make sure it was ready when BAM! The lid exploded in my hand. Glass flew everywhere. In the food, all over the counters, the floor, and all over me. I was left standing there in complete shock and with my ears ringing holding the handle (the only part left in one piece) to the pot lid. I couldn't freaking believe it. What a mess and we had to dump a freak-ton of food in the garbage. C and I sorta were just looking at each other like, "Now what?" We ended up getting some Chinese take out which was mediocre at best. I was going to take a picture of the carnage to post here but I decided I didn't need to preserve the moment with a picture. It sucked bad enough.

Dinner was such a disappointment that we laid low for the rest of the night which is why I didn't blog yesterday.

Oh. And Happy Fourth of July. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. We're hitting Union Point Park in New Bern for fireworks. It's the first time we've gone to see a display since we lived in Cali. Long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.