Monday, July 09, 2007

MY EYES!

I had my follow-up eye doctor appointment today. I went in resigned to the fact that contacts just aren't for me. The ones that I have had for the past week make my eyes feel heavy and tired all day and I looked it too. My eyelids would be red and puffy all day like I had just woken up after not enough sleep. I figured all that was sooo not worth it. So, I get to my appointment 15 minutes early (I thought the drive would take longer, heheh) and I explain to the girl that it's been a rough week for my eyes. Her solution was for me to try a different brand and they feel WONDERFUL I can't even tell I have them in. The original pair weren't as soft as the new ones so that made them less comfortable. Now, I have to go back in a week again to see how I'm doing with the new contacts and to have my eyes dilated and dye put in them and to have the pressures checked. Is anyone else's trips to the optometrist this much trouble?

On another subject...

Remember the post about my creative nonfiction piece that I had to write and have peer reviewed? Well, I got my reviews back this morning. It took me ten minutes just to work up the nerve to read them. And it turns out that I had four peer reviews instead of two. Not sure what happened there. We're only supposed to have to review two papers but whatever. My reviewers were very kind. The only suggestions that they made were to describe a couple scenes differently but not about the content. I still feel horribly exposed. I hate that strangers have read something that was so personal to me. I had just better get an A on my finished paper, lol. Suffice it to say, it will NOT be posted here. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.