Thursday, July 12, 2007

Weekly Meme

Meme. Look it up.

Today's Meme courtesy of Booking Through Thursday:

1. In your opinion, what is the best translation of a book to a movie?
Lord of the Rings or Silence of the Lambs.

2. The worst?
Harry Potter.

3. Had you read the book before seeing the movie, and did that make a difference?
I had read Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter before I saw the movie but not Silence of the Lambs. I definitely think it makes a difference in my opinion. If I've read the book first, I invariably hate the movie. Where Harry Potter is concerned, the books are too long and there is not enough time allotted in the movies to do the books justice. Too much that I consider important to the plot is cut out. With Lord of the Rings, I hated that they developed Liv Tyler's character when she was only mentioned on few pages out of all three books in the entire trilogy. That being said, the action, special effects, and acting in the movie was superb enough to make up for what had to be left out.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that you would be great as an article writer about books and movies. You can get paid at www.triond.com for your thoughts like this one. All you have to do is set up an account and upload your article. It's free. You can upload pictures, audio, and videos too. You get paid by clicks. You start out with cents and then cents add up to dollars as long as your article is on Triond. When you reach $50, you will get paid. Then you can start over with the same content and add more. The more you add, the better $$$$.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.