Saturday, July 21, 2007

Home Buying

I was watching this show on A&E called Sell This House this morning. Basically, they take homeowners who are having a hard time selling their homes, go in and figure out what the problem is, and then help them solve it. For this, they use hidden cameras to record potential buyers' reactions. People are dumb. I don't understand why you would look at a house and base your opinion of it on the furnishings of the present owners unless they are selling the house furnished. That is so freaking retarded. So what if you don't like their couch. They are taking it WITH them!!! I was so irritated watching this show. As for the sellers, why they were showing their homes with dirty dishes in the sink is beyond me. When we were showing our house in VT, I killed myself before each and every showing making sure there wasn't so much as a piece of lint on the carpet let alone dirty dishes in the sink. Geez.

In my opinion, when you are looking at houses, you should see the potential of what you can and want do with it. Unless you're having a house built, you're going to have a really hard time finding a house that is 100% what you're looking for. The house we're in now is just a rental but I still look around it and think of the changes I would make if I were to ever buy it. I wouldn't because it needs too much work, but you get my point. Have VISION!! people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.