Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Meme

Courtesy of Booking Through Thursday

Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?

Definitely. I've had my copy pre-ordered from the first day that it was available to do so. It should arrive bright and early Saturday morning right to my hot little hand.


If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?

Yeah, I'll be cracking it open right away. I have absolutely no patience. I'm not attending any midnight parties. Maybe if I was 12 or 13 or had kids that age that wanted to go.


If you’re not going to read it, why not?

Like I said, I plan on reading it Saturday.


And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?

I think Harry is going to survive the last adventure. Yeah, Rowling isn't afraid of killing off characters, even important ones, but I don't see her killing off Harry. I'll be incredibly disappointed with the entire series if she does. Endings mean everything to me. What I'm most looking forward to is seeing all the reactions to the ending of the 6th book. (I don't want to give anything away in case there are people reading this who haven't read the books.)

7 comments:

  1. From someone who hasn't read #6: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) No problem and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I will read it. I didn't pre-order mine becuase last time I did and I waited all day the day it came out and it didn't come. I couldn't wait and went over and bought one at the book store anyway. By the time my pre-ordered copy came, I was already done reading it.

    I might atttend one of the parties. Carolynn really wants to go. She only read the first two so far, but she is really excited.

    I feel the same way about endings as you do. I don't think Harry will be gone at the end. That would not rock. It better be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be reading it together. :-) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer~~You'll have to let me know how the party was if you end up going. I'm kinda curious, lol.

    Literary Feline~~Happy reading to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:50 AM

    You know I will be reading it as soon as it is delivered. I think I'll have a hard time putting it down once I pick it up. I saw in the paper an article where a lady said she skipped right to the end. Why do people do that? To me it seems that would spoil it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Putting it down is going to be a definite challenge, lol. And I would NEVER skip to the end. I've been careful to avoid the news and online articles in case they give away the ending.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.