Monday, July 02, 2007

Feeling Exposed

I had to write a creative nonfiction piece for my writing class last week. It is going to be peer reviewed by two of my classmates sometime this week. Not that big a deal. I've had stuff I've written peer reviewed before. What makes this so different is that it couldn't be more personal and private than if I had submitted a naked picture of myself. I'm feeling much anxiety as I'm waiting for my reviews to come back. And I'm doubting myself a lot on this. I'm wondering if I should have picked something more lighthearted and not so personal. The two papers I peer reviewed were about a guy meeting his wife for the first time and about a woman's experience with her first pregnancy. I have to wonder what everyone else in my class wrote about. We only get to read the two papers that are assigned to us.

I'm not sure if I'm going to follow up on this once I get my reviews back. I suppose it'll all depend on how I feel about my reviews. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.