Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lifetime

I hate this channel. I hate the movies that they show. I especially hate Army Wives. However, I gave Side Order of Life a chance and despite the sappy, emotional, girly-ness of it, I like it. I've only seen the pilot so we'll have to see if it turns out like everything else Lifetime has ever put out. I like the premise of the main character being a photographer/writer.

As for Army Wives (I had to check it out just to see if it was as bad as I thought it would be), that show is so way off base that I barely made it through one episode. A Colonel's wife and a Private's wife being friends...yeah right. And if that really ever did happen in real life, I can just about guarantee that the husband's were uncomfortable with it. It's sad, it's un-pc, and it's out of the stone ages, but it just doesn't happen. In VT, I showed up at a family function with C's NCOIC's wife (his boss) who is the same rank as C and we caught flack for that. Not that it stopped us from being friends, lol. But, whatever.

Next, I'm going to try out another Lifetime show called State of Mind because I like Lili Taylor. I liked her in The Haunting, even though I didn't like the movie, Mad About You, and especially in Ransom. As a result, I'm giving this show a shot just because of her. I have it DVR'd for tonight, so I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.