Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Academia

The fall class schedule is out and I've already picked my classes. Boy! Am I in for a rough semester. Over the summer I'm taking Creative Writing, Intro to Business Management, and Myth and Culture. Should be a relatively normal course load. Over the fall I'm taking Critical Approaches to Literature (this class has a total written word count of 6,000 words which equals about 25 pages. Fun, right?), Math (UGH!!), Management and Organization Theory, and American Women Writers since 1900. I'll be lucky to make it out alive, lol.

I'm picking up speed trying to get my degree finished before the fall '09 semester. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's taking me a while but at least I'm doing it which is more than a lot of people can say. I can think of 4 people that I know right this minute that should haul their butts back to school but are too afraid to attempt it. And I'm telling you, if I can do it, so can you. Anyway, if I can keep on track (keep your fingers crossed and knock on wood) I should have my BA by the end of the summer '09. What I'm going to do with it is a whole other ball of wax. I know what I want to do with it but finding a position here in N.C. is going to be a challenge. I have picked a virtually unattainable career goal for my location. I torture myself on a daily basis with an RSS feed that delivers job postings in the publishing industry straight to my browser. The majority of these jobs are located in L.A., New York, and Boston. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.