Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What the Heck Just Happened?

I just had an experience. So much for hoping today would suck less than yesterday.

I'm sitting here at my computer filling out one of those endless MySpace surveys when I hear a man's voice. At first I'm wondering, "Where is that coming from?" And then I realize someone is in my backyard so I throw on some clothes (I was still in my pj's) and go out to see what the heck. It's some strange old guy yelling at my kids and two of my neighbor's kids. I already know what it's about since these kids have been having issues with his kid that likes to hang at our house for the bus. I go out and tell this guy not to be disciplining my children in their backyard. I start out in a calm enough voice but then he starts yelling at me saying how these kids are mean to his kid and that they're "disreputable children". Direct quote there. Then I start in telling him that he's yelling at me in my own yard for things that other people's kids are doing and that if he doesn't like it to keep his kid out of my yard. Yeah. Fun times first thing in the damn morning. So much for that Southern hospitality thing. I don't have it in me to be polite to other people yelling at me and my kids in my own freaking yard. In the meantime, S gets on the GOSH FREAKING BUS CRYING BECAUSE THIS JACKASS IS YELLING AT HER FOR SOMETHING SHE DIDN'T EVEN DO VIOLATING HER BEING ABLE TO FEEL SAFE AT HER OWN FREAKING HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with people?

Ok. So I think I'm a bit angry. I don't think we're going to be friends with this particular neighbor.

***UPDATE***

I got a knock on my door about half an hour ago (8:30'ish) from my neighbor. He came down to apologize and to explain himself. My faith in humanity has been restored and I'm no longer angry at him. Turns out, I have a whole other problem on my hands that I have to figure out how to deal with it. So goes life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.