Sunday, May 13, 2007

Proper Phone Etiquette Revisited

On this, the day when many phone calls are made, I thought it prudent to re-post this blog entry with a few modifications. Yeah. This is directed at certain somebodies. Read, "My Last Post" and see why I'll post whatever I feel like.

1.) If you call someone and they answer, "Hello?" don't answer back with "Hello" and then wait for another response. Ummm. You called!! Say who you are and what you want, not "Hello".
2.) If you call someone after 11pm you're scaring that person unless you know they routinely receive calls at all hours of the day and night. Calls after 11 usually mean someone is dead, dying, or sick in the hospital and you need to request emergency leave.
3.) Don't always call to bitch about your problems. Every once in a while, shake things up with something positive.
4.) Unless you need a DD, don't call people drunk. Well, unless you're 21 years old and it's still considered funny. 25+ you're just being dumb. I don't enjoy having to interpret what you're saying over the phone while you're inconsiderately eating up my cell minutes. And I don't care if you call after 9 or on the weekends. I don't freaking like it!!
5.) If you're a business, bill collector, or telephone solicitor, don't bother using one of those automated deals that tells a person to hold on the phone while they wait for a real person. 99.9% of people (this is my own estimate) will immediately hang up.
6.) Call waiting is freaking annoying and borderline rude. Yeah, I sometimes use it but only when it's unavoidable and I hurry up as fast as I can. Again, I'm sitting on the other end while my cell minutes float away. Usually I just tell the original person I'll call them back. Which leads us to:
7.) If you say you're going to call someone back, DO SO!! And calling 1 day, 2 days, or a week later doesn't count. You're just rude and self-absorbed. Yeah, we've all done it but some people do it habitually.
8.) If you choose to keep your number blocked, don't get pissy when your call is ignored. I don't answer "unavailable" or "blocked" calls.

Additions made today:
9.) Don't answer the phone when I'm calling you high on drugs. It pisses me off royally and I pass all kinds of judgments on you. If you're going to be a person in their 40's or 50's who thinks that it's "cool" to still get high, I don't want to know about it. I think it's ignorant and irresponsible. Be a freaking adult for freak's sake.
10.) Don't beat a dead horse when I'm trying to reach out. That makes it hard to want to make that connection ever again.


I should just cancel all my phone lines and be a happier soul. Most everyone has e-mail these days, right?

4 comments:

  1. screw it Id stop trying to be nice. try being a (b)witch like me it work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember? It's better to be a bitch than to be bitched at. 12 years later and I still haven't forgotten that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I almost typed that and i didnt think youd remembr that. it was then and still is a great motto to live by.:D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao. That's so funny. Of course I remember because it is a good motto to live by.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.