Saturday, May 26, 2007

So and So's Theory

There's this guy that developed a theory that people who know that they are being observed behave differently. It's in my business book and I'm too lazy to go into the other room to look it up. I'll give you a name later. Anyway, in my creative writing class we are encouraged to write in a journal every day. It's not supposed to be a "dear diary" type of thing but a place to explore writing, ideas, etc. As a result, I put "journal" on my list of things to buy for this semester. Then I got to thinking, "Hey. I've kept somewhat of a journal online since 2003 so I could just continue this one, right?" Then I read about that theory and realized that I couldn't count this as a journal because I am conscience of what I write because I know this is public. Even though I try not to, I worry about offending people, hurting feelings, and being entertaining on occasion. Try being the operative word here. So, I bought a journal yesterday. I'm supposed to commit to writing in it seven days a week for at least an hour a day. I think it's a good thing. Eventually, I want to compare what I write here to what I write in my journal and see how different or similar they are in the level of honesty I display. It'll sort of be an experiment. I predict that some of what I write in each will overlap occasionally. I'm not confident enough in my writing yet to share it publicly. That's why I've never posted any of my papers here despite the fact that I've never gotten below an "A" on any of them. (Toot, toot) Sometimes I think that my professors don't read them thoroughly, lol. Which reminds me!! I can't believe I forgot to mention this. At the end of the semester, I have to submit something that I wrote to a publisher for consideration for my creative writing class!! Every time I think about it I get butterflies in my stomach. Rejection is a nightmarish thing and I would be telling a bald faced lie if I said that I didn't care. It's never been my goal to be a writer but being told that you suck is never a fun thing.

Anyway, C's waiting for me to help him with the yard so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.